The Emerging Leaders Program is a vocational discernment ministry of the Healthy Church Leaders Initiative of the Asian American Leadership Center (AALC). The program will mentor and coach a cohort of 8-10 male and female emerging leaders to clarify their callings in Asian American settings over a period of 7 months.
The ideal participant would be one of the following:
- A college or graduate student, or a recent graduate who is considering a vocation in ministry among Asian Americans.
- A seminarian who would like to be better equipped to serve Asian Americans.
- A layleader who would like to be more effective in Asian American settings.
Upon completion of the program, participants will:
- Gain a better idea of whether or not they should pursue vocational ministry. Participant called to ministry will be better prepared for theological education.
- Be better prepared to serve as leaders in a variety of Asian American ministry settings.
- Be equipped with tools to both appreciate and critique Asian American Christianity in its diverse expressions and practices (theological reflection).
- Complete a four-step process of Awareness, Vision, Strategy, and Courage.
This round will begin on September 17, 2016, and conclude by April 16, 2017.
The application deadline is July 15th. Download Emerging Leaders Program 2016-17 overview here. Contact Tim Tseng if you have any questions.
- Are you called?
- How it works.
- Who are we and why us?
- A reading list for participants
- How much will it cost?
- On line application